Barbara Boothe Loyd
Paintings and Collages Incorporating Found Objects
Barbara recalls drawing scenes from her childhood church's stained glass windows in Sweetwater, Texas, where she grew up. She majored in Art History and English at the University of Maryland, graduating from the Ramstein Air Force Base Campus in West Germany in 1974 with her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Following graduation, Barbara move to Houston, Texas, where she lived for 25 years. In 1999, she and her husband Paul relocated to Fredericksburg, Texas
A perennial student, Barbara obtained her teaching certificate from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas She has undertaken additional art courses at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, and at the Maryland Institute of Art in Baltimore. Graduate level courses have bee added at Texas Tech University, University of Texas at Dallas, and Rice University during the past few years.
Primarily a painter, Barbara also enjoys expressing herself with print making, collage, fiber arts, and drawing. She is an award winning artist who has shown her works in local, regional, national, and international exhibitions.
See Also www.artists-galleries.com
- Bachelor of Fine Art, University of Maryland, Ramstein AFB, W. Germany
- Teaching Certificate, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- 2000 Merrill Lynch, Fredericksburg, TX
- 1999 Octoberfest, Fredericksburg, TX
- 1998 University of Texas at Dallas, A Look Back
- 1996 The Unitarian Fellowship, and St. Luke UMC, Houston, TX
- 1999 Musee de Beaux Artes, Caen, France, "On the Move"
- 1999 Hill Country Arts Foundation, Ingram, TX, "Found Objects"
- 1998 UT at Dallas, "A Celebration of Women"
- 1999, 1997, 1988, 1986 HCAF, Ingram, TX, "Counterpoint"
- 1996 "Two Women" and "Visual Voices," NationsBank Gallery, Houston
- 1994 "Art & Healing," Hill Country Arts Foundation, Ingram, TX
- 1992 Kingwood Plaza Hospital, Kingwood, TX
- 1991 The Houstonian Medical Center, Houston, TX
- 1990 "Synergy." Innova Design Center, Houston, TX
"Spirit of the American Woman," Houston, TX
- 2003 "FLIPSIDE" by WIVLA, BankOne, Houston, TX
- 2003 "ARTE SAGRADO," Concordia University, Austin, TX
- 2003 "Bread Upon the Waters" National Print & Drawing Traveling Exhibition, Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA)
- 2002 Hill Country Arts Foundation, Ingram, TX, "Regional Exposition"
- 2002 Kerr Cultural Center, Kerrville, TX Art of Educators
- 2002, 2001, 2000 WIVLA Prints, Museum of Printing History, Houston, TX
- 2001 Christians in the Visual Arts Exhibition, University of Dallas, Dallas, TX
- 2000 Visual Arts Alliance's 17th National Show, Williams Tower, Houston, TX
- 1999 Women in the Visual and Literary Arts, Omni Hotel, Houston, TX
- 1983-1999 National Exhibitions, Visual Arts Alliance, Houston, TX
- 1995 Texas Stat Aquarium, 3rd Biennial Gulf of Mexico Exhibition, Corpus Christi, TX
- 1993 Art Educators on Exhibition, Houston Public Library, Houston, TX
- 1988 "Texas Still Life," Galveston Art League, Galveston, TX
- 1988 "Exhibit A," Austin Art League, Austin, TX
- 1988 "The Salon Show," On Waugh Gallery, Houston, TX
- 1987 13th Annual National Watercolor Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- 1986 Studio School and Art Gallery, 1st International Mini Print Exhibition
Click thumbnails to view larger image. Click dark arrows to scroll left or right.
The photographs shown here are by no means a comprehensive inventory of the works we currently have for sale by this artist. They are meant merely as a representative cross-section of this artist's creations. Also, not all pieces shown here are necessarily still available. Each piece is an original one-of-a-kind artwork. Once it is sold, it is gone for good. If you are interested in more information about this particular artist and the works we currently have available, please Contact Us.